Precaliber 12 is the perfect first bike for little riders who are ahead of the curve and ready for two wheels at a younger age than most. It has a handle built into the saddle so you can guide them as they ride, and tool-free training wheels that are super easy to install and remove. It's a great fit for kids ages 3-4, between 36-40˝ tall.
It's right for you if...
Your kid may be young and small, but they're ready to ride! You want to make their first real bike experience a great one with a bike that's comfortable, durable, and fun.
The tech you get
This toddler-friendly bike has a handle integrated right into the saddle so you can help guide your child while they ride, plus a coaster brake and tool-less training wheels that can be installed and removed at the turn of a dial. Plus, the lightweight aluminum frame is easy for your little one to maneuver.
The final word
You want to make sure your child's first bike is comfortable, durable, and fun. Each of our bikes, all the way down to the smallest size, is built to our highest standards, so you can feel confident when you choose Trek for your family.
Why you'll love it
- This bike is a memory-maker: seeing your child ride their bike for the first time is something you'll never forget
- This bike is hand-me-down heaven: it's built to last, so younger siblings can inherit this bike and it'll still feel like new
- Investing in a kids' bike from an established bike brand is worth it—Trek kids' bikes are designed and assembled by people who know bikes
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it's easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminum, 12'' kids' frame size|
|Fork||Steel, 12'', threadless 1'' steerer|
|Hub front||Steel, 84mm bolt-on|
|Hub rear||Coaster brake, 16T, 120mm bolt-on|
|Rim||Alloy 12'', 20-hole, schrader valve|
|Spokes||14 g stainless steel|
|Tire||Bontrager XR1, wire bead, 27 tpi., 12x2.25''|
|Crank||Alloy, 26T, chainguard, 70mm length|
|Bottom bracket||Square taper, 68mm, sealed cartridge|
|Pedal||Kids' Satellite, 9/16 thread|
|Saddle||Kids' padded, integrated seat post, with handle|
|Handlebar||Kids' steel, 25.4 mm clamp, 80 mm rise, 500 mm width|
|Grips||Kids' grip, 107mm width|
|Stem||Bontrager Approved alloy, 25.4 mm clamp, 15-degree rise, 50 mm|
|Weight||7.24 kg / 15.97 lbs|
|Weight limit||This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 80 pounds (36 kg).|
* Specifications are subject to change without notice