Precaliber 20 7-Speed is a versatile kids' bike for young adventurers. It has a lightweight frame and quality components like a front suspension fork, 7-speed gearing, and hand brakes that are perfectly sized to better fit small riders. For kids ages 6-8, between 45-52˝ tall.
It's right for you if...
You love exploring nature on your bike, and want your little adventurer to come along. You're looking for a high-quality kids' bike that's comfortable, durable, and most of all, super fun for your little shredder.
The tech you get
A strong, lightweight aluminum frame, a simple 7-speed drivetrain that's easy for kids to handle, and a front suspension fork to smooth out bumps on the road and trail. Plus, it has a kickstand, mounts for a rear rack, and a saddle with an integrated handle that can be swapped out for an integrated taillight mount.
The final word
When you're young, just being outside is an adventure. Precaliber's rugged styling makes it the perfect ride for young explorers. They may pretend to be scaling dangerous mountains or escaping terrible beasts, but with a high-quality build and components, you'll always have peace of mind.
Why you'll love it
- Intuitive twist shift makes it easy for kids to switch gears when their terrain changes
- You can replace the saddle's integrated handle with an integrated light mount to boost visibility on family adventures and solo excursions
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it's easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off
- This bike is hand-me-down heaven: it's built to last, so younger siblings can inherit this bike and it'll still feel like new
- Investing in a kids' bike from an established bike brand is worth it—Trek kids' bikes are designed and assembled by people who know bikes
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminum, 20'' kids' frame size|
|Fork||Kids' suspension, 35mm travel|
|Hub front||Alloy, 100 mm bolt-on|
|Hub rear||Alloy, 8-speed, 130mm bolt-on|
|Rim||Alloy 20'', 32-hole, schrader valve|
|Spokes||14 g stainless steel|
|Tire||Bontrager XR1, wire bead, 27 tpi., 20x2.25''|
|Shifter||Shimano Tourney RS45, 7-speed twist|
|Rear derailleur||Shimano Tourney TY300, long cage, 34T max cog|
|Crank||ProWheel alloy, 32T steel ring w/double guard, 127mm length|
|Bottom bracket||Square taper, 68mm|
|Cassette||SunRun freewheel, 14-28, 7 speed,|
|Chain||KMC Z7, 7 speed|
|Pedal||Kids' Satellite, 9/16 thread|
|Saddle||Kids' padded, integrated seat post, with handle|
|Handlebar||Kids' steel, 25.4 mm clamp, 40 mm rise, 560 mm width|
|Grips||Kids' grip, 125mm width|
|Stem||Bontrager Approved alloy, 25.4 mm clamp, 15-degree rise, 60 mm|
|Headset||Adjustable ball bearing, threadless|
|Brake lever||Kids', alloy|
|Weight||10.92 kg / 24.07 lbs|
|Weight limit||This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 80 pounds (36 kg).|
* Specifications are subject to change without notice